Taking a screenshot on an iPhone 15, iPhone 15 Plus, iPhone 15 Pro or iPhone 15 Pro Max involves the combination of two physical buttons. The process was similar for older versions like iPhone 14, iPhone 13, and so on. Please follow the following steps to take screenshots on your iPhone 15 or any other version:
1. Method 1: Traditional Screenshot
- Adjust the Screen: Please ensure the content you want to capture is displayed on the screen of your iPhone.
- Pick-out the Buttons: On most iPhones including iPhone 15, you'll find two physical buttons, which are used to take a screenshot:
- Sleep/Wake Button (Side Button): This button remains on the right side of the phone (left side for iPhone models with Face ID).
- Volume Up Button: This button is located on the left side of the phone (on the right side for iPhone models with Face ID).
- Press and Release Buttons: To capture the screen, follow the following steps carefully:
- Simultaneously press and release the Sleep/Wake button and the Volume Up button. You need to press and release these buttons quickly to capture.
- Capture Confirmation: You will hear a camera shutter sound (if your sound is enabled) and the screenshot will appear as a thumbnail on the bottom-left corner of your phone screen.
- Adjust Screenshot Area: Touch the thumbnail to adjust and modify the screenshot area. It will allow you to crop the screenshot according to your required portion.
- Save or Share the Screenshot: Now, hit on “Done” menu from the top-right and select the save location from the pop-up menu to save it.
You can directly share the screenshot by hitting the share icon from the top-right corner to share it with your email or with any other sharing options.
Method 2: AssistiveTouch Shortcut
If you find it difficult to press physical buttons, you can use the AssistiveTouch feature to take screenshots on your iPhone. Here's how to do it:
- Enable AssistiveTouch: Go to 'Settings' > 'Accessibility' > 'Touch,' and toggle on 'AssistiveTouch.'
- Customize Top-Level Menu: Tap 'Customize Top Level Menu' in the AssistiveTouch settings. Add the 'Screenshot' option by tapping the '+' symbol. You can also customize the icon as per your choice.
- Take a Screenshot: With AssistiveTouch enabled, a virtual button will appear on your screen. Tap it, then tap 'Screenshot.' The screenshot will be captured, and you'll receive a confirmation in the form of a brief flash.
- Access Your Screenshot: Like the traditional method, you can modify, save, and share the screenshot.
Method 3: Using Siri
Yes, Siri can be a powerful method of taking screenshots on your iPhone. This option is very useful for you if you prefer voice commands. Let’s see how it works:
- Activate Siri: Either say 'Hey Siri' or press and hold the side button (or Home button on older models) to activate Siri.
- Command Siri: Just say 'Take a screenshot,' and Siri will immediately capture a screenshot of your current screen.
- Access Your Screenshot: Just like the previous methods, you can modify, save, and share the screenshot.
Method 4: AssistiveTouch Gesture
AssistiveTouch enables you to create custom gestures for capturing screenshots. This method is very handy if you want to take screenshots with a single tap instead of using any virtual button:
- Enable AssistiveTouch: Follow the same steps as in Method 2 to enable AssistiveTouch.
- Customize Custom Gestures: Tap 'Customize Top Level Menu' in the AssistiveTouch settings, then select 'Custom' under 'Custom Gestures.'
- Create a Gesture: Hit on the '+' icon to create a new gesture. You can draw any shape or pattern you like; a simple 'S' or 'L' can be easy and convenient.
- Name Your Gesture: Give your gesture a name, like 'Screenshot,' and save it.
- Take the Shot with Your Gesture: Whenever you want to take a screenshot, activate AssistiveTouch, tap 'Custom,' and then draw your 'Screenshot Gesture.' It will capture the screen as soon as you perform the assigned gesture.
- Access Your Screenshot: As with other methods, you can edit, save, or share the captured photo.
How to Take a Screenshot on Phone 14
You can take screenshots on your iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro, or iPhone 14 Pro Max following the same methods of iPhone 15 series. Pick any of the four methods that suits you the best to capture the screenshot on your device. It works for other previous versions like iPhone 13 or iPhone 12 series.
Please note that the specific button combination and method may change with new iPhone models and IOS updates. Please stay updated with our blog posts to know about any changes in case of new iPhone models or IOS updates.
Knowledge Source: https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/take-a-screenshot-iphc872c0115/ios
Asha is working as a Creative Director at Clipping Mask Asia. She has completed her Graduation from the University of Dhaka on Film and Television Studies. She has vast knowledge on Photography, Videography, Video Editing, 3D Modeling, Rendering and Animation. She loves to explore creative world with her academic knowledge, experience and creative mind. She writes creative blogs on design, illustration and editing for renowned brands like Clipping Mask Asia.